What Is Styrax Benzoin and Why Is It Good for Your Skin?
One of the differentiating factors between Natralus Australia and other skincare options is our unique combination of safety and efficacy. Our process focuses on delivering genuine solutions for real-world problems.
However, we also work hard to ensure that our products solve problems without creating new ones. In other words, we avoid harmful fillers and nasty chemical ingredients. For example, our products are petroleum and paraben-free.
We also use natural and organic ingredients. Some of these are obvious, like our hero ingredient Paw Paw. However, we also dig deep to find the best off-beat options that Mother Nature has to offer.
One of these ingredients is Styrax Benzoin, a natural, plant-based substance with excellent health benefits.
Styrax Benzoin and Its Benefits.
Benzoin has long been prized as a healing essential oil and boasts a rich medicinal history. It was brought across the globe to the West in ancient times where it established a reputation as a prized possession, both as a medicine and a perfume.
Benzoin has many benefits that affect various areas of the body. For example, it can be used as:
- An antidepressant to improve mental health.
- An expectorant to help with coughing.
- A warm and pleasant medicinal cordial.
- A relaxant to help reduce stress and tension in the body.
- A carminative to relieve gas and indigestion.
- A diuretic to increase the production of urine.
- An antirheumatic to help with inflammation and joint pain.
- A sedative to help induce sleep.
- A vulnerary to help with wound healing.
This list of Benzoin benefits is impressive enough on its own — and yet, it doesn’t even touch on most of the benefits that the essential oil brings to cosmetic and skincare activities.
Along with its numerous other medicinal uses, Benzoin can also help with skincare by:
- Acting as a deodorant, disinfectant, antiseptic, astringent, and antifungal and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Protecting the skin by preventing moisture loss and improving elasticity.
- Soothing inflamed skin and relieving common skin afflictions stemming from conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and even common rashes.
Benzoin doesn’t tend to show up on many skincare company’s ingredients lists. However, as close neighbors to the Southeast Asian portion of the map, we’ve been able to study the effects of Benzoin in skincare formulas for years.
This has allowed us to incorporate Benzoin into our products in a manner that doesn’t just add to their already considerable potency. It also gives them a unique factor that enhances their efficacy and reinforces their reputation as elite natural cosmetic and beauty options.